Monday, October 13, 2008

Partners in Crime. . .

Last week it was syrup. Thirty-two plus ounces were used to decorate our carpet, chair, sofa, and ottoman. The tile was covered as well, as if they had rolled around in it, and then danced around the house. I heard them giggling, and soon the giggles turned to the kind every mother knows. You know the one where it sounds like they are conspiring to put the dog in the dryer? Instead of getting out of bed, I pulled the pillow over my head. It was only when I heard Brandon saying, "TROUBLE! You two are in BIG trouble!" that I decided I should get up and assess the situation. Well, they are getting smarter because this week, it was markers. They silently traced all the tile grout in our kitchen with a yellow highlighter, colored on one entire wall with markers, and then traced the chair rail around the kitchen and foyer. They covered the refrigerator with crayon as well. Not a peep out of either of them so we woke up to a lovely decorating job.

5 comments:

MKG said...

And you only posted a picture of the two (3) innocents??? Oh my gosh! I think I'd run away from home! Love, MKG

Amy D said...

Netell,
I can't even believe how big your kids are getting! I guess it's been a long time since I've seen you guys. Lucy is adorable, though it sounds like you've got your hands full these days. Thanks for the link to your blog. You know ours, right? I think you're registered on it.

Chris and Dianne Clan said...

I hope you don't care I jumped on your blog...I had to find out more about the syrup. I feel for you! How do you even clean that up? Laura Fielding just updated her blog with a poopy diaper squashed all over her carpet and I think they tried to clean it with toothpaste (she has twin boys that are two). Toothpaste, poopies and syrup...I wonder what my kids will come up with??? I hate to even think about it! I hope you don't mind if I check your blog out from time to time. My blog is www.doopsypoopsy.blogspot.com.

April said...

But they look so innocent! :)

*Kelly* said...

Hey, at least their picture is super cute, that makes up for some of it right?! Don't foget to check out my blog as well at www.dearthduo.blogspot.com and we can be blogging buddies! P.S. please send me your next book orders when you get a chance and I'll get them put in! Thanks Netell, I always have a blast chatting with you!
Kelly-