Thursday, October 16, 2008

After School Snack




The boys always look forward to their after school snacks, which I must say that with the exception of the first week of school, are pretty LAME. This week, I got a special treat. After serving up a plate of raspberries to each child, I was sent to my room by Zachary. The boys set up motion detectors, banana peels, and various other means to alert them to me leaving my room. After about 20 minutes, I was led into the kitchen. Zachary had prepared a special after school snack just for me:

Belgian Waffle
Strawberries with Chocolate Sauce and Cream
Strawberries with Just Cream and
Raspberries with Cream

He added that he "even washed" the fruit for me. Does he know his mama (as he so affectionately calls me) or what!

4 comments:

Chris and Dianne Clan said...

What...your boys cook for you? I need to have a chat with mine!

MKG said...

How sweet! Now...you call a bowl of fresh raspberries a LAME after school treat??? Please! My kids were lucky to get (themselves) a dry crust of bread of a bowl of cereal! Love, MKG

Long Family said...

So cute! I love your blog!!!
xoxo Betsy

Amy D said...

That's so sweet, Netell! What cute kids you have!