Sunday, September 28, 2008

Case of the Missing Pajamas

The other night I found Zachary on his bed sound asleep wearing the following: Skull Candy headphones, a tank top, and short shorts. I woke him up to use the bathroom, and questioned his attire, asking where his pajamas were that he had been wearing when he went to bed. He went crazy on me, screaming, questioning why I would remove his pajamas. After 15 minutes of hysteria, I called for reinforcements. The entire time Brandon and I were trying to get him dressed in his pajamas he kept yelling that he was going to have sweaty arms. The next morning he had no recollection of us waking him and this was the unsolicited story he had for Brandon. "Dad, last night, you know when you thought I went to bed? Well, I didn't. I went down, put on my workout clothes, and I did push-ups for 3 whole songs. I did like 100 push-ups. Then, I ran laps around the basement. I was SO sweaty! I'm going to be an athlete, and athletes start training when they are six. And look (he points to his bicep ), I growed!" Later he said, "Mom, I am now just 10 inches away from being an athlete!"

No comments: